Pouters

Pouters irritate me. Especially grown men that pout. Today, we got some bad news at work. One project had a crisis, so people were being moved around to handle the crisis. One guy was being moved from my current project to handle the crisis project. I was being moved to take over the work he was doing on a different project in addition to the work I was currently doing on my project. I was pretty excited about the opportunity. It was going to mean a lot more work, but it also meant doing something different. The timeline was short, but it seemed that all of the information that I needed to accomplish my goals was at hand. It was going to be hard, but I could get it done.

This is not the attitude that one of my office mates took. He was tasked with coming onboard my current project and performing the tasks that the guy leaving to handle the crisis had not finished. He threw an absolute fit. He started slamming things around on his desk. When I offered to help him to get up to speed, he just told me he didn't want to talk about it. Then he gave all of us the silent treatment for the rest of the day. You know what, grow up. Shit happens. The only thing you can do is try to make the best of it. I have no pity for this guy. He's not the only one being put in a tough position. The guys handling the crisis project must be at the plant 24-hours to monitor in case a problem occurs. I'm going into a project totally blind that has a due date of Monday. And this guy is told that he has to finish what someone else started by the middle of next week, and he throws the biggest fit. I have not pity for this guy. If he wants to mope around and feel sorry for himself, fine, but don't expect me to try to make his job any easier.
[Listening to: Enigma - Sadeness part I (Various Mixes) - Sadeness Part I (Violent U.S. Mix)]

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason