Listening To: David Bowie - I'm Afraid of Americans[US] - V1
So today was pretty interesting. I pretty well had it out with my project supervisor. We've been bashing heads for a while on the current project. I'll just say that we have different philosophies on how a project should be managed. I'm getting pretty tired of going to him every ten minutes for clarification on the design and getting an answer of "I don't know" or "I didn't think of that". Hopefully our discussion was constructive, but I have a feeling that nothing will really change. He made a really good point in that he is getting frustrated that the project team members aren't working with him. It's true enough. I flipped the bozo bit on him quite a while back. I feel like both projects that he has lead are currently on a death march. It could just be that this is a normal adjustment to a new management style. Who knows. All I know is that I end up frustrated at the end of each day, and I'm losing my passion for my job because of it.

Fortunately, I really like my project manager as a person. He's fun to be around, has an interesting perspective on life, and is never lacking for stories. He's highly entertaining. I think we both have an understanding that our disagreement is with our work, and not personal. So far, we've done a pretty good job of keeping that line defined. Hopefully we keep it that way.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason