Career

My career has stagnated. I work for a small company that is quite successful right now. The company is growing, but we aren't promoting from within. With so many qualified people out of jobs right now, we are having no problem hiring people into senior positions. I've been here for three years, and my control over my work and career has steadily diminished. When I was hired on, I was project management. Now I'm just a grunt. I'm not sure what that says about the company's perception of me. I've made it clear that I don't want to be a grunt. I'd rather be managing projects, and know that there is a career path from there that will keep me going. Right now I feel like I'm stuck. The job has dead ended. I've hit the glass ceiling. So I'm starting coursework to earn my MBA at Indiana Wesleyan next week. It will take about two years to earn the degree. Once I have my degree, if I'm still stuck, I'm moving on. Hopefully the economy will have corrected by then and there will be opportunities for a software project manager. I really like the people that I work with. But that isn't enough for me to sacrifice my career for. So the countdown has started. We'll see what happens in two years.

Breakfast: SlimFast
Lunch: Sausage, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Dinner: Chicken Tacos
Snack: Cashews and Corn Chips
Current Weight: 225
[Listening to: Faith No More - Easy - Das Schutzenfest]

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason