Tire Fiasco

Getting a new set of tires on my car has become somewhat of a fiasco. On June 2nd I ordered the new set from TireRack. They are still on back order, and they don't expect to hear from Continental until at least the first week of August. My tires are down to the tread bars, which are the little lines of rubber down in your tread. When the tread bar is at the same level as the rest of the tread, it is time for new tires. Mine are there. I had ordered a set of ContiExtremeContact tires. They were priced at $83 per tire, and were rated very well. I had called a couple of shops in the area to get a price on the tires, and I heard everything from $100 to $200 per tire. I also got some estimates on the cost to mount, balance, and put in new air stems. That ran from $40-$60 depending on who you talked to. I thought I was getting a good deal.
I finally decided that I had had enough. Jenn is worried that my tires are going to cause some type of problem on a trip and leave me stranded or hurt. Yesterday I talked to the rep at TireBarnTireBarn. He was extremely helpful, and suggested that I take a look at the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDWS tire. He said that they could give me the tires, mount, balance, new stems, and a 50,000 mile warranty for $578. He said that he could have the tires by next Tuesday, and that they would provide lifetime maintenance on the tires, including rotating, patching holes, and any other service they may require. It was a little bit more money than at TireRack, but I think in the end I'm still getting a good deal. I also took a look on eBay and found a rim for my car that was going for a mere $50. I think I'll go ahead and buy it, just in case I manage to ding my rim again. I'll just be glad when this entire (no pun intended) mess is behind me.

Breakfast: Slim Fast
Lunch: Uncle Ben's Pasta Bowl - Ravioli

Current Weight: 222

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason