Diet Vanilla Coke

I am totally addicted to Diet Vanilla Coke. I couldn't stand the regular stuff, but the Diet really hits the spot. Earlier this year, I stopped drinking pop for a while. I used to have a Mountain Dew every day for lunch. After over a month of going cold turkey, the stuff tasted way too sweet. All of the pop that I tried tasted obnoxiously sweet, and was really filling. Most of the time I would stick with having water with my lunch, or iced tea if we were going out. So one lunch I tried one of the DVCs in the fridge... Mmmmm... good stuff. I had tried the regular vanilla coke before, and not only was it too sweet, but it tasted nasty. It didn't taste like a vanilla coke from Denny's which is the holy graile of vanilla coke. It tasted more like someone had just sprayed a bottle of Vanilla Fields perfume in your face. Nasty stuff. I don't know why I decided to give the diet a try, but it was a totally different ordeal altogether. I still don't care for diet coke, or any other diet for that matter. But the DVC is okay stuff. It got me to thinking about all of the different "extension" drinks that are out there right now. Mountain Dew Code Red, Mountain Dew Live Wire, Pepsi Blue, Pepsi Twist, Diet Coke with Lemon, etc., etc. Didn't the soda companies learn their lessons from new coke and crystal pepsi? Stick with what you know. And don't try to trick people into buying a new drink by slapping a recognized brand name on it. You end up with names too long to remember, and you can't figure out what the heck it is you are really drinking. I'm waiting for Mountain Dew Totally Extremem Illimination Challenge BMXXX to come out. Tastes just like the rock you bit on that wicked fall you took while mountain biking. Sheesh.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason