Another Class?!?!?


Usually, Wednesday nights are a night that Jenn and I get to cuddle on the couch and read books together. It's not terribly exciting, but I really look forward to it each week. It is a quiet, comfortable time when we get to be together. So what did I do this Wednesday? I was in class! Again!!! Only this time, it was work related.


I'm currently working on a project to evaluate a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for introduction at one of our customers. I'm developing a list of requirements that their labs have for features the LIMS must provide. I really don't have an extensive background in LIMS, but it is similar enough to Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), which I am familiar with, that I am able to get the concepts and develop the list of requirements. We found out about a class at the IUPUI school fo Informatics that was focused on LIMS, and LabView (a major LIMS vendor) had sent one of their folks to speak at the class. We got permission from the professor, and I proctored that class for the evening. It ran from 5:45-8:45, and hour shorter than my Monday night class, but it still made for a long day. It was worth the trip though, as the speaker gave me his slides and also a copy of a sample requirements list that he had put together for when he went on sales calls.


I was really sad that I didn't get to spend the evening with Jenn like I had hoped, but I tried to make up for it by coming home early before the class to spend some time with her and Corbin. We got a chance to play and have some dinner before I had to leave. Still, Jenn was pretty burned out on Thursday, so it was a good thing that I didn't have another class scheduled that night.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason