Travel

Those maps got me to thinking.... I've been a lot of places! My parents lived in Germany for a couple of years, and I went on a visit to see them. They took me to Paris, France, and to London, England. We also toured Berlin. In order to get there, I had to fly through the international airport in Denmark. So Denmark may not really count, but I did set foot in that country. I've only been in Canada fleetingly. The first time was during a conference with a group of GM interns. We were in Detroit, and decided to cross the border to Windsor so we could go drinking. We were 18 at the time, and that was the drinking age in Canada.


As you can see, I'm well travelled throughout the US. Part of that is due to the places where my relatives live, and part of it is due to my job. I have relatives in California, Washington, Michigan, and Indiana. We also took a road trip out West as a family that took us through several of the plains states. Whenever I fly to the West Coast to see relatives, it is usually through the Minneapolis / St. Paul hub in Minnesota. The family that now lives in Washington at one point lived in Oregon. Jenn and I took our honeymoon to Alaska. For a time, we lived in Maryland, and Jenn has several friends that live along the East Coast. We did some traveling so that we could visit with all of them. As a family, we used to spend every spring break in Panama City Beach, Florida. Finally, work has sent me to Ardmore, OK, and Canton, MS. When I was job hunting out of college, Jenn and I spent a night in Austin, TX, to see if it was for us.


It looks like I've visited 37 of the 50 states. Perhaps when Corbin is older we will take our own family road trip and hit up the rest of the states that we are missing. A driving trip to Arizona would be pretty extreme though.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason