Night Drive - Part 2

I never got to the point of my night drive post! Anyway, during my last trip, it was late, dark, and drizzling rain. I'm on 35 headed west towards Kokomo, trying to make sure I stay on the road, when I nearly hit a hitchhiker! I saw him at the last minute. He was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and it seemed like he was actually standing in the road. He was waving his thumb at me and kind of wandering along the road. I didn't have to swerve or anything, but it really scared me how he came out of nowhere. If I hadn't been paying attention, it would have been real easy to let the car wander to the edge of the road, and then that guy would have been done for.


Then, I turned south onto 213 in Greentown. I had gone less then an 1/8th of a mile when a basset hound mix came trotting out into the middle of the road. I had plenty of time to stop, but by this time I was convinced that fate was going to have me get into a wreck tonight. I continued south. My strange night on the road wasn't over yet. As I get into Windfall, it was now about 8:00, and I hear a really loud noise. I looked to my left, and a bunch of guys had a some lamps pointed at their porch, tearing it up with a jack-hammer. I couldn't think of a better time to be jack-hammering my porch: 8:00pm, in the dark, in the rain. Yeah, great idea!


Thankfully, I made it the rest of the way home without any trouble. Still, I'm never quite sure what I'm going to see in the middle of the night on those country roads between here and Warsaw.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason