Career Plans

Yesterday I had an interview with Ronda, our company's new H.R. person. She isn't titled as an H.R. person, but that seems to be the role she will be filling. We are a really small company, and to this point we haven't really had a Human Relations department. She is coming on to do employee relation, business development, and customer relations. Just more words to say H.R. Anyway, during this interview, she was trying to get to know me, and what I wanted out of my career. She used to be a head hunter for another company, so she was really prepared with the right questions to find out all of these things. I told her about how I was taking classes towards getting my MBA. I told her that I was fairly happy at Flexware, but that sometimes I felt bored. Like I wasn't learning. The biggest issue is that I felt that I had no control over my career. I felt that the position I hired in at would be my position for life at Flexware, and I wasn't happy about that. That's been the biggest issue for me for a while. That's the entire reason I started taking classes again. I felt that my career had hit a dead end, and I needed to do something to allow myself to move on. Hopefully, now Ronda will relay all of this to Scott and Randy, our Executives, and it will lead to my getting a bit more control over the projects that I work on. If not, when I receive my degree I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to move on. I love the people I work with. But I need to continue growing and learning with my career. If I can't do that, then I'll be really unhappy. So we'll see how things go over the next 24 months. I'll be pleasantly surprised if things change. If not, well, it was a lot of fun while it lasted, but it is time to move on.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason