The Rathskeller

Jenn and I have a date night coming up at The Rathskeller. We dog-sat her parents' dog Dusty for a week so that they could go on vacation. As payback, Jenn's mom is going to come down and babysit Corbin for a night so that we can go out on a date. This will be really nice. Corbin has been fantastic lately, but I still like to get some alone time with my wife. We're going to have dinner at The Rathskeller, which is a German resaurant here in Indy. I've eaten there before. When I took my brother out for his Bachelor Party, we had dinner there. The food was fantastic, and the beer was good too. They have a huge list of imported beers from Germany and Belgium, as well as others throughout the world. I consulted with our local world traveller, Gilad, here at work to see which beers I should give a try. He made it clear that the English have no idea how to make a beer, and to stay away from those. He did suggest a Belgian ale called Orval Trappist Ale. He said that, while it is expensive, it is one of the best beers he has ever tried. I'll have to give it a shot. I'm looking forward to Jenn and I having an evening together. I'll be sure to post a followup to let you know how it went.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason