Sirius2IM

I've been working on a little side project at home in the evenings. I love my Sirius satelite radio. I'm waiting to move into my new cube at work before I setup the antenna again, so I'm missing it terribly right now. While I was using it, I found a neat site - http://www.itsonsirius.com/ - which displays the current title and artist for every stream (they call them streams rather than stations since you aren't actually tuning to a different frequency). That got me to thinking about the latest version of MSN Messenger (version 7 or higher) which can display your Now Playing information from Windows Media Player. I thought, now why should WMP users have all the fun. So I wrote up a quick app that will read the info from ItsOnSirius. You select the stream you are listening to, and it sends that information to MSN 7 as your Now Playing information. I don't know that many Sirius listeners, but if you use a Sirius radio and MSN 7, you can find the tool here - http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/sirius2im

3 comments:

Absenth said...

fun new toys to play with. Of course the next step is to pipe the what's playing information out to blogger.com so with my current picutre, we can know what I'm listening to:)

Adam said...

As a matter of fact, that should work if you use w.bloggar. The w.bloggar tool has integration into the Media Player plug-in for now-playing information. I believe you may also need to install a plug-in for Windows Media Player to get it to work, but you can definitely do it.

Hmm... but how to automate it so that you don't have to write a post to get that to work.... Perhaps I can noodle through the Blogger API code and figure out how that is done....

I'll let you know if I get it working...

Absenth said...

Take a look at the following, it's an iTunes plugin I found that updates the blog each time the song changes. Maybe it will be of some help.

This should take you to the directory. you're looking for the "now_playing.php, no_playing.xml, and nowplaying.xml" as well as the images sub directory.

I'm not sure if that'll help or not.

 
Jade Mason