Movie Review : Biker Boyz


I was flipping through the movies on our subscription list, looking for something to watch. I kind of chuckled when I saw BikerBoyz. I was pretty sure it was an awful, joke of a movie. I couldn't believe that Laurence Fishburne was in it. It seemed like such a bad flick to follow up his Matrix films with.


So, yes, I decided to watch it. As much as I wanted to hate this film, it really wasn't all that bad. I was all set to see a movie that was really mindless, and it was pretty mindless, just not to the degree I was expecting. In the movie, a young man is trying to break into the local motorcycle street racing scene. There are several clubs that get together to run illegal races. His father is the chief mechanic of the fastest bike on the streets, and the kid wants to join the group. Tragedy strikes when his father is killed by the very bike he services. The kid blames the rider (Fisherburne) for his death, and makes it his mission to take him down.


The movie wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. I'd say it was better than Underworld, which sucked worse than I expected. The nice thing about the subscription service on our cable TV is that I can watch these movies and it doesn't cost me anything but time. So if you are sitting around, trying to kill a couple of hours, and don't want to think to much, this might get you by.

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason