Review: I Am Legend


I Am Legend
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm sure I'm not alone in being first introduced to this story through the movie Will Smith starred in. I really enjoyed the movie, but I never felt compelled to invest in any of the other adaptations. Then my buddy Steve read the original Matheson tale and let me know that the book was significantly different from the movie, and well worth the read. When I found out the eBook was available from my library, I really didn't have any other excuses.

The story presents an excellent perspective on the concept of the last man. How long would your sanity hold if you knew you were utterly alone, and that every day the world was trying to kill you? How long would you persevere, and how could you maintain hope? This story is much less about the vampire and much more about the human.

This is a short book at just under 150 pages, almost a novella. Given the small time investment, I can easily recommend it.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason