Review: The Name of the Wind


The Name of the Wind
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I'm not usually one for medieval fantasy, so when Sword & Laser talked this book up I gave it a pass. Recently one of my friends impressed upon me just how good it was and that I really needed to give it a read. So with some trepidation I succumbed to the pressure and grabbed a copy on my nook. I'm so glad that I did.

I think back on [b:Shadow and Claw|40992|Shadow and Claw (The Book of the New Sun, #1-2)|Gene Wolfe|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1317791854s/40992.jpg|40575] and see that in Kvothe I have a compelling character who excels at telling his own story. If the story of Severian were told with even half the style that Rothfuss has shown here I might have continued reading the series. I really enjoyed the style, humor, and development of the story.

I highly recommend this book to any reader. It is the first book in a series, so don't look for any closure. However, the story itself is very worth it.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
Jade Mason